Placido Domingo Steps Down From Metropolitan Opera


THE NTSB WILL BE INVESTIGATING. THE METROPOLITAN OPERA WILL DEBUT ITS PRODUCTION OF MCBETH WITHOUT PLACIDO DOMINGO. HE HAS LEFT THE COMPANY ADMITTED ALLEGATIONS OF SEXUAL HARASSMENT. AUNDREA CLINE-THOMAS JOINS US LIVE WITH REACTION. REPORTER: THOSE ALLEGATIONS WERE MADE A MONTH AGO SOME ACCUSERS SAY THEY ARE RELIEVED PLACIDO DOMINGO HAS STEPPED OUT ABOUT THEIR ATTORNEYS SAY IT PUBLIC PRESSURE FOR THE MET TO ADDRESS THE CLAIMS. AFTER 51 CONSECUTIVE SEASONS PLACIDO DOMINGO’S VOICE WILL NO LONGER BE A PART OF THE MET. TUESDAY THE SINGER STEPPED DOWN. THE FIRST ALLEGATIONS AGAINST HIM WAS RECORDED IN AUGUST, SINCE THEN, MORE THAN 20 WOMEN HAVE COME FORWARD WITH CLAIMS THAT INCLUDE REPEATED SEXUAL PROPOSITIONS, AND INAPPROPRIATE TOUCHING. A NEW SINGER’S NAME IS NOW TAPED OVER WHERE HE IS WAS, AHEAD OF TONIGHT’S OPENING OF MCBETH. DOMINGO SAID HE BELIEVED THE INTERACTIONS WERE CONCEPTUAL. I THINK IT IS GOOD THAT WOMEN HAVE THE COVERAGE TO COME FORWARD. HE IS NOT ONLY THE BEST OPERA SINGER BUT THE NICEST PERSON. ALWAYS SO GENEROUS TO THE OPERA GOERS. I THINK IT IS A VERY SAD OCCASION FOR HIS AUDIENCE. REPORTER: IN A STATEMENT HE SAID “WHILE I STRONGLY DISPUTE RECENT ALLEGATIONS MADE ABOUT ME COME UPON REFLECTION, I BELIEVE MY APPEARANCE IN THIS PRODUCTION OF MCBETH WOULD DISTRACT OF THE HARD WORK OF MY COLLEAGUES.” ATTORNEYS FOR ONE OF THE ALLEGED FOR DEMS IS DEMANDING THE MET REVOKE EARLIER CLAIMS THAT QUESTIONED THE

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *